Saturday, July 12, 2014

Eternity's Shadow by Mark Whiteway


“I have had the privilege of reading all six books of the Lodestone series. They are all good books, but to me the way the author wrapped up the series is brilliant. I found tears running down my face as I was reading the last chapter of this book.

As I have come to expect from Mr. Whiteway, there are many twist and turns. It is like riding a roller coaster at times. So many new planets we are taken too. So many new battles to fight.
We have some new characters in this book that I really like. I also like it that some of my favorite characters are brought back into this final book. Even though this book is written five hundred years in advance from now, I have found some of the same things that will never die.

There will always be good people fighting for others, and people who have a taste of power and then want to have more power and greed. They will stop at nothing that may get in their way.

I have found the author to be a bit of a poet and philosopher also. Here are a couple of things that stood out to me.” “Trees cast their crowns of orange, crimson and gold together in a continuous canopy. Broad leaves bowed beneath the weight of an early morning dew.”

“It is not what happens, but the fear of what might happen that drives people to madness.”

“Each of us walks in eternity’s shadow.”

No comments: