Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Wages of Sin



I never review a book unless the author sends me the first two chapters of a book. Then I decide if I will review it. I am so glad that I chose to accept this book. It is a mystery that had my mind racing. The “who did it” kept me reading. I thought I had it figured out, and in only a few pages I found out I was wrong. Dang, I hate it when that happens. But that goes to show how much talent the author has.

To my surprise the author does not feel like she has to use foul words to make a point in the story. Even though most of this book is about a serial killer, the language is clean.

Another surprise is that I did not know what three words met. I have never heard “my bad, guys.” I asked my husband and he told me what it meant. Then I asked my grandson who is 16 and he said to me “Seriously, I can’t believe you don’t know that grandma?”

What I do know is in my opinion a good book when I read one. I really did enjoy this book, and think you will also.

Rated: PG 13 for violence

No comments: