Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Legend of Lightning Larry by Aaron Shepard and Illustrator Toni Goffe

This book is set in he Old West where bad guys could be found on every street. In every nook and cranny you could find a rotten, no good outlaw. They feared nothing at all. After all they were dirty and mean. As mean as mean can get. That is until Lightining Larry rode into the town of Brimstone.

As he got off of his horse and entered the Cottonmouth Saloon, he had a smile as big as Texas on his face. As he walked to the bar and ordered a large cold mug of Lemonade everyone turned to see who it could be.

Now I know what you must be thinking--how in the world would any one fear a cowboy who drank lemonade? I had the same feelings myself when I started to read this book.

But then Mr. Shepard did what he does best--created a character that all children would love. A character that would teach us all a lesson.

Another big five from this reviewer-- who bought this book for her grand kids. That's right I bought this book. Now that should give you some idea how good this book is. As a reviewer we are use to getting books for free. When I saw this I had to buy it.

Whispering Winds Book Reviews

No comments: