Monday, May 30, 2011

Faded Lives

What I first loved about this book was the cover. Then when I read the book and discovered the importance of the picture, no other picture could have given the story justice.

Mark Stephens has felt guilty every since he was not able to make it in time to see his grandpa before he died. So when time passed he jumped at the chance to help his grandma when she called. It was one week he would never forget. While he feasted on all the good country food his grandmother made; he also learned about his grandma and the history of her family.

Every day as he helped his grandma get things in order, she would share with him what had gone on in her family growing up. It is those stories that make this book good. It is more than just an interesting read, as you will find you can’t wait until grandma Emily talks again.

It is the ending that I found so beautiful and peaceful. I can’t tell you why, but that is my perception. I found it hard to believe this is a first time author.
Posted to Midwest in June

No comments: