Thursday, August 30, 2012

Coming Out Can be Murder

“I have no idea of why I said I would review this book. The genre is something I would normally never choose. It is so far out of my comfort zone. That being said, I have to tell you that the author is really good. I felt I would just read a few chapters and then return the book saying I can’t read this. It goes against all of my beliefs.

My problem was the characters seem to draw me into the story. I loved Bobbi and hated what all she went through. I thought I was so smart that I had everything already worked out. I was really surprised when I found out I was wrong.

This book is not for everyone. It has to do with transgender people, lesbians and gays. Plus, some things I had no knowledge of. It was a learning experience for me. Would I like to read this genre again? I don’t think so but not for the reasons most may think.

The writing was interesting and revealing. I am sorry for anyone who is treated like trash. There is an old saying and it is, “God Don’t Make No Junk.”

There are a lot of people and kids out there that could be helped by this book. Some that may be thinking about suicide. While this book is a very good mystery, it could be saving someone’s life. “

Rated PG 18

No comments: